Sunday, April 12, 2009

Linda Ronstadt, Leo Kotke @ Tanglewood, MA

Performers: Linda Ronstadt, Leo Kottke
Date: August 29, 1975
Venue: Tanglewood Performing Arts Center, Lenox Massachusetts
cost of ticket: N/A

I was very excited about seeing Linda live. I had mostly all of her albums to date, and was curious how she would perform. Linda did a wonderful job of putting out song after song, not much talk in between, and hitting all the notes. The sleeper was the fact that she had Andrew Gold with her, and he is very talented in his own right. He was her guitarist, which gave that distinct sound that he has, and also back up in vocals, so this show was memorably strong.

But the real hero was Kottke. I had never really heard of him, me being only the age of 15 at the time. And he was splendid.

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there. Tanglewood experience was amazing! I remember she had a bad sunburn. Don't know why I remember that. Ha I was 22 yrs old from Missouri living in MA so this was a very big name for me to see in person! Andrew Gold was amazing.

Followers