Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Who, Toots & The Maytalls @ Springfield, MA

Performers: The Who, Toots & The Maytalls
Date: December 14, 1975
Venue: Springfield Civic Center, MA
cost of ticket: N/A

Here's a good story; one of my best actually . . .because I got physically dragged to this concert by my big brother that INSISTED THAT I GO. So, he bought me a ticket, told me all his cute friends were going to come along, and that I should go because it was THE WHO, goddamit. So I went. And stood about 100 feet from the stage surrounded by my big brother and his big dudes who put me up on their shoulders so I could see.

OK, now what do I really remember? . . . . ahhh, that Keith Moon was seriously a basket case. That I hate it when Pete smashes his guitar; always have - always will. And that the real gentleman of the group was Uncle John. I was NOT a Roger Daltrey fan when I walked in, so actually that's why I did not really want to go. However, by the end of the night I had a well tempered respect for Daltrey for the power and range of his performing stamina.

It was a very good thing my brother did - dragging me to this concert - I saw The Who at a critical time in their hay day, before Keith checked out.

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

No comments:

Followers