Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eagles, Jimmy Buffet @ Springfield Civic Center

Performers: Eagles, Jimmy Buffet
Date: March 14, 1977
Venue: Springfield Civic Center
cost of ticket: $8.50

I know that Jimmy appeals to a great many people, but he frustrates me. So I was probably walking around the perrimeter of the civic center for most of his performance.

The Eagle had put out "Hotel California" which is when Joe Walsh came aboard. I was already a huge Joe fan, so I was beaming to see him up there on the stage with the other fine lads - what a fantastic group; some of the finest musicians and songwriters this time period would ever see. Great performers, great energy, a good night to see Joe.

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

1 comment:

THOM P FROM WILBRAHAM MA said...

This was my first ever concert. I had tickets for a ZZ Top concert and my girlfriend's brother told us it was going to be 'too loud'. So, I got rid of the tix and bought the Eagles tickets with rolled coins. Jimmy Buffet opened with Changes In Latitudes, and at the moment the first note came from his guitar I knew I was made for concert living.

After Buffet there was an intermission, and my girlfriend had to take a leak. The lines were obviously incredibly long. She was gone forever. A buddy of mine from high school (I was a sophomore in high school) got me stoned....and man was I stoned. My girlfriend came back FINALLY and was PISSED that I had gotten stoned without her.

Oh well. It was a killer show. I loved it.

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT BABY!!!

Followers