Sunday, October 4, 2009

YES, Donovan @ Springfield Civic Center, MA

Performers: YES, Donovan
Date: August 10, 1977
Venue: Springfield Civic Center, MA
cost of ticket: $7.50

WOW - I seem to remember this concert vividly, as well - YES was awesome. Maybe too many instrumental solos, but I was blown away. Who can be in the same room with Rick Wakeman and my favorite ANGEL = Jon Anderson whose voice is like "home", and not be transported into the spiritual realm. Even then, at 17 years old, I understood that these musicians were touched by the heavens. . . I still listen to YES, still feel the power/splendor of their music, and thank GOD that I saw them with all their most talented musicians intact.

Oh yes, and Donovan - he is very cool actually. I love this guy, but I have to say, I don't remember much of his performance. Does anyone else out there? Refresh my memory Steven!!!

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

No comments:

Followers