Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eagles, Jesse Colin Young @ Springfield, MA

Perfomers: The Eagles, Jesse Colin Young
Date: May 12, 1974
Venue: Springfield Civic Center, Springfield MA
cost of ticket: $5.50

My first Eagles concert - sigh. I knew these guys were great at age 14. They were pretty much my favorate band, apart from Zeppelin. They showed up, as always, in blue jeans, serious performers, varied, vast and comfortable.

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

1 comment:

das814 said...

I was there. My first concert ever, all by myself Wasn't old enough to drive so my Dad had to drop me off and pick me up. I was as big a Jesse Colin Young fan as I was an Eagles fan. WHCN FM out of Harford CT informed my listening choices back then. I think a third act opened before Jesse Colin Young but my now 58 yr old brain doesn't remember things as clearly as it used to. I also attended the May 15, 1975 show at the same venue with my very first girlfriend. I think we enjoyed the opener, Dan Fogelberg, as much as the Eagles. Would love to find a tape of either the '74 or '75 show. Thanks for the trip down member lane. Doug

Followers