Thursday, November 13, 2008

Joe Walsh, Marshall Tucker Band @ Springfield, MA

Performers: Joe Walsh, Marshall Tucker Band
Date: March, 9 1974
Venue: Springfield Auditorium, Springfield, MA
cost of ticket: $6.00

Wow, I am a Joe Walsh fan; have been since the day I put down my bubblegum records and discoverd rock and roll.Let's talk about Joe, because he is so accessable - and this comes thru in his music.
To be quite honest, though, as much as love Joe and Barnstorm, it was Marshal Tucker Band that made this concert what I would call a solid deal. Toy Caldwell's guitar sound has been part of my DNA. Rich, throaty guitar, which has never really been duplicated, thank you very much. Toy will be a minor legend in my book.

Did you see this concert? If so, please leave your memories, comments, thoughts and ideas . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure i saw you at this show... oh yea, i drove you. this was incredible times two since i was huge joe fan and we had both marshall tucker albums...
funny story: i was collecting my concert tickets and throwing them in a box... these tickets were taken whole at the door!.. i was moaning to some friends and the next day when i opened my locker, a couple hundred of those tickets came falling out! (a friend of a friend worked at the music hall part time after shows)

Anonymous said...

I was at this show sat on the floor roght in front of the band one of the best shoes ever. I almost got crushed to death when the doors opened and the crowd surged to get in but I ended up in front any way. Parked on the top floor of the old Springfield Civic Center parking lot. Drank beer until the sun went down. Wish I had a tape of the show. B Carragher

Followers